Pipe Alignment Trolley PAT 3 (8″ – 24″)
The NEW Pipe Alignment Trolley (8″-24″) PAT 3 from Condell Engineering Solutions is a new mobile pipe alignment tool which can be used on its own frame or on any other form of lifting device in the workshop or on site.
PAT 3 (8″-24″) is ideal for aligning pipes and fittings 8 to 24 inches in diameter.
It delivers many advantages over traditional pipe clamps, including:
- Increased accuracy – fittings can be aligned more easily and are held more firmly in place. Six way leveling system which allows for fine adjustment.
- Increased efficiency – Single operator can set up with ease, reducing labor costs and time. PAT 3 can be used on its own frame, workshop gantry, swing beam or mobile crane for site work.
- Increased safety – Self loading so reduces manual handling of large fittings.
- Very little training required.
- Long-term savings – the capability of completing more work in a shorter timeframe means projects can be brought to conclusion more quickly and within budget.
Additional benefits of the Pipe Alignment Trolley include:
Portability – can be used in either a workshop or on-site setting
- Versatility – suitable for use on all pipes and fittings from 8” to 24”
How PAT 3 works
The Pipe Alignment Trolley 3 (PAT 3) is a free-standing mobile work station, centered around an adjustable horizontal bed that can be raised and lowered using a manual chainblock.
Components are placed on the bed where they can be aligned and squared with ease, prior to tacking.
PAT 3 has a unique built-in four-way levelling system (forward/backward and up/down) to allow use by just one operative. It also features a forward thrust to apply sufficient additional hands-free pressure to the joining point, allowing the pipe fitter to set the root gap with ease.
PAT 3’s versatility
The PAT 3 can be used as an alternative to pipe clamps to align fittings from 8” to 24” in all industrial sectors, including oil, gas, water, and pharmaceuticals.
Its four-wheel trolley design means it can easily be transported from a workshop to a laydown area on a fabrication work site, or wherever else it may be needed.
While in service, it allows accurate alignment of large fittings in approx. 5 minutes, rather than the average 20 to 30 minutes required when using traditional pipe clamps. PAT 3 can achieve these results for any combination of pipework, including:
- PUP pieces
PAT 3 has a workload capacity of 400kg (880 lbs) – sufficient even for heavy-duty alignment of larger fittings – and is supplied with tooling to meet pipe alignment requirements.