Pipe Alignment Trolley
The innovative Pipe Alignment Trolley from Condell Engineering Solutions is a multi-functional pipe fitting tool, combining jig action and clamping.
It delivers many advantages over traditional pipe clamps, including:
- Increased accuracy – fittings can be aligned more easily and are held more firmly in place.
- Increased efficiency – alignment time is greatly reduced when compared to traditional methods.
- Increased safety – reduces the need for manual handling during alignment, and removes the need for manual handling when pipes are heated prior to tacking.
- Easy repeat – productivity is further boosted when the same settings are used repeatedly for the one project.
- Long-term savings – the capability of completing more work in a shorter timeframe means projects can be brought to conclusion more quickly and within budget.
Additional benefits of the Pipe Alignment Trolley include:
- Portability – can be used in either a workshop or on-site setting
- Versatility – suitable for use on all pipes and fittings from 3” to 16”
PAT – The Pipe Alignment Trolley
How PAT works
The Pipe Alignment Trolley is a free-standing mobile work station, centered around an adjustable horizontal bed that can be raised and lowered using a winch.
Components are placed on the bed where they can be aligned and squared with ease, prior to tacking.
PAT has a unique built-in six-way levelling system (forward/backward, side to side, and up/down) to allow use by just one operative. It also features a forward thrust to apply sufficient additional hands-free pressure to the joining point, allowing the pipe fitter to set the root gap with ease.
A fabrication can be tacked up in three or four pieces for welding before a final assembly is made, thereby reducing distortion and increasing precision.
The Pipe Alignment Trolley can be used as an alternative to pipe clamps to align fittings from 3” to 16” in all industrial sectors, including oil, gas, water, and pharmaceuticals.
Its three-wheel trolley design means it can easily be transported from a workshop to a laydown area on a fabrication work site, or wherever else it may be needed.
While in service, it allows accurate alignment of fittings in just 30 to 40 seconds, rather than the average three to four minutes required when using traditional pipe clamps. PAT can achieve these results for any combination of pipework, including:
- Elbows (45°, 22½°, etc.)
PAT has a workload capacity of 150kg – sufficient even for heavy-duty alignment of larger fittings – and is supplied with two sets of tooling to meet all pipe alignment requirements.
- Model: PAT 3/16
- Height: 1550mm
- Weight: 180kg
- Length: 1220mm
- Width: 1050mm
- Lifting Capacity: 150kg
- Lifting mechanism: Winch
- Lift height: 1100mm
- Heavy duty steel construction
- True vertical lift
- Unique six-way levelling system
- Single wheel braking system
- Rear wheel steer
- Winch permits pinpoint control
- Rubber roller bearing wheels
- Handles pipes/ fittings up to 150kg
Visual inspection must be carried out daily before use, checking:
- Condition of wheels
- Security of pins in wheels
- Braking system
- Rope integrity on winch
- Bearings on steering mechanism need greasing